COVID-19 Guidance from The McGrath Group
A message to all our valued customers and suppliers; as you will be aware, the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is likely to have a significant impact on businesses and the public.
At the time of writing, McGrath Group is providing normal service and is following all guidelines issued by the UK Government and Public Health England to help play our part in minimising the potential spread of the virus.
At present, we would reiterate that from a service perspective, business operations will continue as normal, without disruption. There will be little, or no change at all for any clients regarding any forthcoming communications, orders or deliveries scheduled with the McGrath Group.
However, we would urge that physical visits to our Head Office are limited unless considered entirely necessary. Tipping of waste at our facility remains unchanged.
As a responsible business, internal arrangements have already been executed to increase awareness, including information posters, promotion of good hygiene practices.
In order to reduce the risk of transmission to or from our staff we have introduced the following precautions:-
- Increased sanitisation aids have been implemented throughout all our sites to facilitate improved hygiene for all parties. This includes, but is not limited to drivers wearing the appropriate gloves, clothing and protective equipment (including wipes), as well as the introduction earlier this year of paperless tickets
- Enhanced cleaning regimes for all workspaces and vehicles – pens or tablets used for signatures cleaned with sanitising wipes before a McGrath Group employee touches or uses them
In this spirit of collaboration, McGrath Group would expect all our customers and suppliers to adhere to our visitor polices. In addition, we are taking extra precautionary steps in order to prevent the spread of the virus and ask all individuals who visit our sites to take the following precautions, wherever practical:
- Regular handwashing – Using supplied hand sanitiser if soap and water is unavailable
- Your companies adherence to government advice regarding isolation of employees, should it become necessary
- Your company notifying The McGrath Group immediately should a employee/representative visit of one of our sites and later display symptoms of Coronavirus, so we can isolate our team accordingly
Our priorities are to our staff, customers and suppliers to our sites.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions with immediate effect customers will not be asked to sign Electronic Duty of Cares following a container transaction being completed.
These measures are being implemented to reduce personal contact following Government guidelines in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Our drivers will take the name of the person who would be signing the Electronic Duty of Care and enter this on the terminal adding COVID 19.
We will keep our customers informed of any changes to your services that may need to be made by us to maintain service reliability. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
We recognise that current times are unsettling for all parties, and although much of what is happening remains firmly out of our control, rest assured that the McGrath Group will be doing all it can to limit any disruption to your business.
We all wish for a speedy conclusion to this but want to thank you for your continued loyalty and support during this challenging time.