Last updated:February 2017
The McGrath Group takes the privacy of its users seriously. Generally, you can browse through our Website without giving us any information about yourself (including your email address). When you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use this information.
The information we collect via this website may include:
- a) Personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.;
- b) data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Cookies enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
- c) Your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which part of our Website you visit and how long you spend here. We do not link your IP address to any other personal information that you send to us.
- d) Your preferences and use of email alerts, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email alerts on products and offers).
Use of information we collect
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
We will use your information for several general purposes including:
- a) fulfilling any requests for information or services placed by you
- b) personalising your experience on our Website
- c) keeping you up to date with news about the McGrath Group, our products and services, and providing other information to you which we think you may find of interest.
Your personal information shall not be used for any other purposes.
Who May Process Data
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss. However we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal data as due to the nature of the Internet, the Website is theoretically accessible by any user of the World Wide Web. You should be aware that when you disclose personal information on the Website it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users.
Some sections of our website require your information to be stored in what’s known as a session variable. Session variables exist for the length of your visit (or in the case of our client login, until you log out).
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have now control of websites outside the mcgrathgroup.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link we are not responsible for your protection and privacy.
Access and Changes to your Personal Information
Upon request, we may provide you with a copy of the personal information which we hold about you (in return for a small fee). Please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert “access request” as the subject heading, or write to us at the McGrath Group Address, stating your name and email address for identification purposes.
At your request, we will use reasonable efforts to update / correct personal information previously submitted by you. You may also request that we cease processing the personal information we have about you and that we delete your personal information from our database or records. However, it may be impossible to delete your information without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
Please address your requests to change or delete your personal information to email@example.com and insert “change details” or “unsubscribe” as appropriate as the subject heading. Alternatively you may write to us at the McGrath Group Address, stating your name and email address for identification purposes.
We will only perform the activities outlined above to the extent that such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests.
Changes to this Policy
For further information